The Gibson Area Hospital & Health Services (GAHHS) Nursing Intern Program offers Registered Nursing Students the opportunity to gain clinical experience and confidence in a hospital setting under the guidance of a registered nurse.
We are currently accepting applications for the summer of 2021!
Applications are due: March 19th, 2021
The internship begins in May and is completed in August. Students are scheduled for 32 paid hours per week in various nursing units including Medical, Surgical, Advanced Wound Healing, OB, ED, and Surgery. These hours consist of both CNA duties and RN job shadowing, and may include days, nights, and weekends. The program requires full student participation, except in emergency or illness situations.
Eligible students are those who demonstrate motivation and commitment to the professional practice of nursing. GAHHS requires the nursing intern applicant to:
- Be enrolled in an approved nursing education program
- Have completed and passed nursing fundamentals
- Be a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
To apply, students are asked to complete the below application and also submit the following:
- A Personal Statement (details below)
- 1 Reference from nursing faculty
- 1 Reference from a previous employer
- A copy of most recent school transcript
Your Personal Statement should include typed answers to the following:
- Write a brief paragraph about yourself. Be sure to include
- why you chose your current career path
- your future career goals
- your plans for after graduation, such as where you would like to live and begin your career
- Explain specific training, experiences and characteristics you possess that will help you succeed as an intern.
- What areas do you feel you need improvement in?
- What supervision style best suits your work performance style?
- Please reflect on any community service activities, school initiatives or volunteering you have participated in.
- If you could choose an area of nursing for this intern program, what would it be?
If any questions, please contact:
Eileen Woolums, BSN, RN, CDCES
Apply Using the Form Below: