Gibson Area Hospital and Health Services (GAHHS) offers nursing intern programs for Registered Nursing (RN) and Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) students to gain clinical experience and confidence in a hospital or clinic setting. RN interns perform activities under the direction of licensed nursing staff in the medical, surgical, and ambulatory nursing departments, and LPNs under the direction of licensed nursing staff in the clinics. Thirty-two paid hours per week are provided for this experience.
Qualified students are those who are:
- Currently enrolled in an accredited RN or LPN program
- Having completed nursing fundamentals
- Having Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
To apply, students are asked to complete the below application and also submit BLS Certification and a Personal Statement that includes the following:
- a brief paragraph about yourself
- why you chose your current career path
- your future career goals
- your plans for after graduation, such as where you would like to live and begin your career
- Explain specific training, experiences, and characteristics you possess that will help you succeed as an intern.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Apply Using the Form Below: