At Gibson Area Hospital & Health Services, we are committed to being the model of excellence in community-based healthcare, including Compliance. Led by Executive Director of Compliance & Legal Affairs, Jessica Delost, our Compliance Program commits to:
- Encouraging ethical business practices and compliance with local and state laws, rules and regulations
- Requiring all GAHHS personnel to act lawfully, morally, ethically and honestly
- Preventing, detecting and correcting any accidental or intentional fraud, waste or abuse
- Providing a safe, non-retaliatory environment for all GAHHS personnel to report suspected non-compliant activity
Compliance is everyone's responsibility. If any non-compliant activity is suspected or detected, Gibson Area Hospital & Health Services asks that you please report the potential violation. Reportable offenses may include, but are not limited to:
- Fraudulent activity
- Inappropriate behavior
- Harassment and discrimination
- Breaches of confidentiality
- Bribes and kickbacks
- Quality of care issues
HIPAA Privacy & Security
Gibson Area Hospital & Health Services continuously strives to maintain the standards for protecting patients' medical records and other Patient Health Information (PHI), established by the HIPAA Privacy & Security Rules. These regulations specify what rights patients have over their information and requires covered entities, such as GAHHS, to protect that information verbally and electronically.
If an issue pertaining to HIPAA Privacy and/or Security arises, the situation should be reported immediately to ensure the integrity and privacy of GAHHS patient information is protected.
Integrity Matters. Do the Right Thing, Speak Up!
Violations of HIPAA & Compliance should be reported to one (or more) of the following:
- Anonymous Values Helpline – available 24 hours a day, 7 days per week
- Jessica Delost – Executive Director of Compliance & Legal Affairs, HIPAA Privacy Officer