#10 Doctors Park Gibson City, IL 60936
Formerly Known as Geriatric Behavioral Services
Mon-Fri: 8am - 4:30pm
Caring Connections is an intensive outpatient program providing treatment for older adults (age 65 and over) struggling with depression, anxiety, grief, chronic illness, or other aging-related changes.
An intensive outpatient program is one where patients attend therapy up to four days a week and see a psychiatrist for optional medication management. The program utilizes group therapy as its primary mode of treatment. Group therapy is proven to be very effective for older adults. One of the reasons group therapy is so effective is that many attendees report loneliness. The group atmosphere of Caring Connections is welcoming, caring and supportive. Upon discharge from Caring Connections, patients experience a 60 – 80 % reduction in depression symptoms.
Caring Connections has a patient satisfaction survey result of 95.48%.
Patients begin their journey with Caring Connections with a FREE assessment. Anyone can refer (physicians, family, friends, and pastors) to Caring Connections. You can even refer yourself. If you or someone you love are experiencing symptoms of depression or anxiety (listed below –this is not an all-inclusive list), we can help.
- Sadness or feelings of despair.
- Unexplained or aggravated aches and pains.
- Loss of interest in socializing or hobbies.
- Weight loss or loss of appetite.
- Feelings of hopelessness or helplessness.
- Lack of motivation and energy.
- Difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep, oversleeping, or daytime sleepiness.
- Worries about being a burden, feelings of worthlessness, or self-loathing.
- Slowed movement or speech.
- Fixation on death; thoughts of suicide.
- Memory problems.
- Neglecting personal care (skipping meals, forgetting meds, neglecting personal hygiene).
To refer a loved one or to schedule your free assessment, call Caring Connections at 217-784-2146.