Effective immediately, through March 31, 2020, Gibson Area Hospital and Health Services has implemented new restrictions in order to minimize the impact and spread of COVID-19, also known as Coronavirus. These actions are being taken to ensure the safety and well-being of our patients, staff and our communities.
Please do not come to GAHHS unless you are seeking medical care.
You may only enter the facility through the Main Lobby entrance or the Emergency Department entrance. All other entrances are closed.
All incoming patients and visitors will be screened upon arrival and in the interest of patient safety, any visitor with a temperature of 100 F or more will not be permitted to enter the facility.
INPATIENT VISITORS ARE RESTRICTED TO:
• Legal Guardians of a minor children
• End-of-life Hospice care immediate family
• Power of Attorney to make medical decisions
INPATIENT VISITORS ARE REQUIRED TO:
• Check in at the Main Entrance or ED Entrance before visiting inpatients to verify the purpose of the visit • Always remain in patient room as appropriate • Limit movement within the hospital and avoid common areas • Be free from illness such as (fever, sore throat, cough, diarrhea, vomiting, or runny nose)
THESE RESTRICTIONS ALSO INCLUDE:
• Cancellation of all GAHHS events at the hospital, including support groups.
• The Annex is closed to all visitors.
• The Cafeteria will be closed to the general public.
• The Gift Shop will be closed.
• Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab is cancelled.
• Aqua Therapy is cancelled.
• All Elite locations are closed.
• The Step-Down program is cancelled.
• Paxton Wellness is closed.
• Gibson Dental Health is only open for already scheduled urgent and new emergent patients.
• Valet (Golf Cart) Services are suspended.
• Central Business Office is closed to the public.
These restrictions are subject to change and may be extended if necessary.
All visitors/caregivers are required to wash hands with soap and water or use alcohol-based hand foam/gel upon entering and exiting a patient’s room. We understand these visitor restrictions may be difficult for you. While we are committed to providing a family-centered care environment, right now restricting visitors is in the best interest of our patients, employees and communities.
For all questions, please call 217-784-4251 or contact your medical provider.