IMPORTANT INFORMATION from the Gibson Area Hospital & Health Services
Covid-19 (Coronavirus) Information Task Force
Subject to change based on IL Department of Public Health and CDC recommendations.
FOR GENERAL QUESTIONS ABOUT COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS) PLEASE CALL 217-784-4251 AND ASK TO SPEAK TO A COVID-19 INFORMATION NURSE.
If you feel you have symptoms and wonder if you should be tested or be seen by a healthcare provider, STAY HOME and call your provider’s office or the info line above.
Unless it is an emergency, to reduce the risk of catching or spreading illness, stay home if you are sick. Call your provider’s office or the number listed above to describe your symptoms over the phone and answer questions to determine your risk.
Then, follow your healthcare provider’s instructions. Based on your answers to the screening questions, you will receive instructions over the phone and be told if you need to be evaluated and what to do next.
Gibson Area Hospital & Health Services is working diligently to provide the safest healthcare environment possible to ensure the safety and well-being of our patients. At this time, it is NOT necessary to cancel or postpone any scheduled service or appointment. ALL Lab, X-ray, Therapy, Surgical Services and Physician offices are OPEN and seeing patients! There is no need to cancel appointments.
To ensure the safety and well-being of our patients, staff and communities, we have enacted Visitor Restrictions:
All incoming patients and visitors will be screened upon arrival and in the interest of patient safety, any visitor with a temperature of 100 F or more will not be permitted to enter the facility.
Visitors are not allowed to visit if they have symptoms of an influenza-like/respiratory illness (fever, cough, sore throat, or sneezing).
You may only enter the facility through the Main Lobby Entrance or the Emergency Entrance. All other entrances are locked.
- No visitors under the age of 12.
- Only one visitor per patient at any time.
- Surgery, ED, OB and Outpatient Services patients should limit the number of support members that accompany them to the facility to one, when possible.
- Exceptions may be made in certain situations.
Services that are currently suspended or canceled:
- All Support Groups
- Annex is closed to all visitors
- Cafeteria is closed to the general public.
- Gift Shop is closed.
- All Elite locations are closed
- Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab are canceled.
- Aqua Therapy is canceled.
- The Step-Down Program is canceled
- Paxton Wellness is closed.
- Gibson Dental Health is only open for already scheduled urgent and new emergent patients.
- Valet (Golf Cart) Services are suspended.
- Central Business Office is closed to the public. Call 217-784-2245 for billing questions.