Effective Tuesday 11/17/2020:
UPDATE Important Information from the Gibson Area Hospital & Health Services Covid-19 Coronavirus Incident Command Task Force:
Gibson Area Hospital and Health Services continues working diligently to provide the safest healthcare environment possible to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our patients
UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE Gibson Area Hospital and Health Services will enforce VISITOR RESTRICTIONS in order to minimize the impact and spread of COVID-19. These actions are being taken to ensure the safety and well-being of our patients, staff and our communities.
Appropriate Face Masks MUST be worn at all times while in the facility, NO EXCEPTIONS!
Please do not come to GAHHS unless you are seeking immediate medical care or have a scheduled appointment.
You may only enter the facility through the Main Lobby entrance or the Emergency Department entrance. All other entrances are closed.
All visitors should be free from illness such as fever, sore throat, cough, diarrhea, vomiting or runny nose unless seeking treatment.
VISITORS ARE RESTRICTED TO:
- No children under the age of 12
- Isolation patients-NO visitors.
- Only ONE visitor per patient, per day.
- Patients should only bring ONE support member to the facility.
- Exceptions may be made in certain situations.**
**End of life situations, Parents/Guardians of minor children, Medical POA**
ALL VISITORS and NON-EMERGENT PATIENTS SHOULD:
• Check in at the Main Entrance or ED Entrance before visiting inpatients to verify the purpose of the visit • Always remain in patient room as appropriate • Limit movement within the hospital and avoid common areas • Be free from illness such as (fever, sore throat, cough, diarrhea, vomiting, or runny nose) •Wear an appropriate face mask at all times, without exception.
ALL EMERGENT PATIENTS: Report directly to the ED
The Prairie Harvest Café is CLOSED to the public at this time.
**These restrictions are subject to change at any time.
All visitors/caregivers are required to wash hands with soap and water or use alcohol-based hand foam/gel upon entering and exiting a patient’s room. We understand these visitor restrictions may be difficult for you. While we are committed to providing a family-centered care environment, right now restricting visitors is in the best interest of our patients, employees and communities. 11/17/2020