The Gibson Area Hospital & Health Services (GAHHS) Nursing Intern Program offers Registered Nursing Students the opportunity to gain clinical experience and confidence in a hospital setting under the guidance of a registered nurse.
We are currently accepting applications for the summer of 2021!
Students are scheduled for 32 paid hours per week in various nursing units including Medical, Surgical, Advanced Wound Healing, OB, ED, and Surgery. These hours consist of both CNA duties and RN job shadowing.
Eligible students are those who demonstrate motivation and commitment to the professional practice of nursing. GAHHS requires the nursing intern applicant to:
- Be enrolled in an approved nursing education program
- Have completed and passed nursing fundamentals
- Be a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
To apply, students are asked to complete the below application and also submit a Personal Statement that includes the following:
- a brief paragraph about yourself
- why you chose your current career path
- your future career goals
- your plans for after graduation, such as where you would like to live and begin your career
- Explain specific training, experiences and characteristics you possess that will help you succeed as an intern.